Are you a Individual with Incapacity (PWD) within the Philippines? Are you conscious of all PWD advantages and privileges below the present legal guidelines, guidelines, and laws within the nation?
With over 1.44 million PWDs within the Philippines and with an estimated 15% of the worldwide inhabitants having disabilities, defending the PWDs, and offering for his or her advantages and privileges are vital. In any case, PWDs are probably the most weak members of society.
The excellent news is that the Philippines has a number of legal guidelines basic for the PWDs’ well-being and safety.
On this article, you’ll be taught the completely different advantages and privileges of a PWD, the step-by-step means of easy methods to get a PWD ID, and solutions to your most incessantly requested questions.
Desk of Contents
What Are the Major Legal guidelines Governing PWDs within the Philippines?
Over time, the Philippines has handed a number of legal guidelines to cater to the wants of the PWDs. Beneath are a few of these.
1. Republic Act 7277 – Magna Carta for Disabled Individual
Authorized on March 24, 1992, this legislation goals to advertise the total participation and integration of PWDs in society and seeks to assist the advance of their well-being.
2. Republic Act 9442 – Magna Carta for Disabled Individuals, and for Different Functions
Authorized on April 30, 2007, this legislation prolonged the privileges and incentives of PWDs much like these loved by senior residents.
3. RA 10754 – An Act Increasing the Advantages and Privileges of PWD
Authorized on March 23, 2016, this legislation additional offers extra advantages to PWDs, comparable to VAT exemptions and reductions on the acquisition of sure commodities.
4. RA 11228 – An Act Offering for Obligatory PhilHealth Protection for All PWDs
Authorized on March 4, 2019, this legislation goals to ease PWDs’ monetary burden by offering them with the automated advantages of PhilHealth.
Who Are Thought of PWDs within the Philippines?
Individuals with Incapacity seek advice from these affected by restrictions of various skills on account of psychological, bodily, or sensory impairment which prevents them from performing an exercise in a fashion or inside the vary thought-about regular for a human being (Sec. 4(a) of RA 7277, as amended by RA 9442).
What Forms of Disabilities Are Coated Underneath PWD Legal guidelines?
Per DOH’s up to date Software Type for PWD ID, there are actually ten sorts of disabilities.
1. Deaf or Exhausting Listening to
This refers to individuals with listening to loss which suggests little or no listening to/starting from gentle to extreme. Listening to loss, often known as listening to impairment, means the whole or partial lack of the power to listen to from one or each ears with a 26 dB or higher listening to threshold, averaged at frequencies of 0.5, 1, 2, 4 kilohertz.
2. Mental Incapacity
Refers to a considerably lowered potential to know new or complicated data and to be taught and apply new expertise.
3. Studying Incapacity
Refers to individuals who, though regular in sensory, emotional, and mental skills, exhibit problems in notion, listening, considering, studying, writing, spelling, and arithmetic.
4. Psychological Incapacity
Refers to incapacity ensuing from natural mind syndrome and or psychological sickness (psychotic or non-psychotic dysfunction).
5. Bodily Incapacity
Refers to a restriction of potential as a consequence of any bodily impairment that impacts an individual’s mobility, operate, endurance, or stamina to maintain extended bodily potential, dexterity to carry out duties skillfully, and high quality of life. Causes could also be hereditary or acquired from trauma, an infection, surgical or medical situation and embody the next problems:
- Musculoskeletal or orthopedic problems
- Neurological problems
- Cardiopulmonary problems
- Pediatric and congenital problems
6. Psychosocial Incapacity
Refers to any acquired behavioral, cognitive, emotional, or social impairment that limits a number of actions essential to efficient interpersonal transactions and different civilizing processes or actions to every day dwelling comparable to however not restricted to deviancy or anti-social habits.
7. Speech and Language Impairment
Refers to a number of speech/language problems of voice, articulation, rhythm, and/or the receptive and expressive processes of language.
8. Visible Incapacity
This refers to an individual who has impairment of visible functioning even after therapy and/or commonplace refractive correction and has visible acuity within the higher eye of lower than 6/18 for low imaginative and prescient and three/60 for the blind, or a visible subject of fewer than 10 levels from the purpose of fixation.
A sure degree of visible impairment is outlined as authorized blindness. One is legally blind when the best-corrected central visible acuity in your higher eye is 6/60 or worse or your aspect imaginative and prescient is 20 levels or much less within the higher eye.
9. Most cancers
Most cancers sufferers, individuals dwelling with most cancers, and most cancers survivors are thought-about PWD by advantage of Republic Act 11215, the “Nationwide Built-in Most cancers Management Act”. Most cancers, as outlined by Sec. 3(b), refers to a generic time period for a big group of ailments that may have an effect on any a part of the physique. Different phrases used are malignant tumors and neoplasms.
10. Uncommon Illness
Individuals with a uncommon illness are thought-about PWD by advantage of Republic Act 10747, the “Uncommon Illness Act of the Philippines”. A uncommon illness, as outlined by Sec. 4(ok), refers to problems comparable to inherited metabolic problems and different ailments with comparable uncommon occurrences as acknowledged by the DOH.
Full Listing of Reductions and Privileges of PWDs Underneath Present Legal guidelines of the Philippines
1. Transportation Privileges
A. 20% low cost on
- Home air journey, together with tickets booked on-line
- Public railways, together with LRT, MRT, PNR
- Public utility buses, jeepneys, taxis, Asian Utility Automobiles, shuttle providers, and Transportation Community Car Companies (TNVS) comparable to Seize and Angkas
- Fare, meals and drinks, drugs onboard, and repair recreation on all home passenger ships
- Toll charges of skyways and expressways supplied the PWD owns the automobile
B. Use of PWD Accessible Passenger Boarding Ramps and stairs for all aircrafts
That is supported by the Joint Memorandum Round No. 2018-001.
- Presentation of the PWD ID is required to avail of low cost
- For TNVS and taxis, the total 20% low cost on the entire fare shall be given whatever the variety of companions of the PWD
- For promotional fares, the PWD can solely avail of both the institution’s provided low cost or the 20% low cost, whichever is greater and extra favorable
- PUV operators are required to designate seats in all their items particularly for the PWDs
2. Leisure and Recreation Privileges
20% low cost and VAT Exemption on
- Room lodging and different facilities in motels and comparable lodging institutions comparable to therapeutic massage parlors and sauna baths
- Meals, drinks, drinks, dessert, and different consumable gadgets, together with takeouts in eating places
- Utilization of providers in sports activities facilities comparable to swimming swimming pools, bowling alleys, golf programs, gyms, clubhouses, skating rinks, and all different sports activities services
- Use of leisure services comparable to web cafes, video video games, and different comparable institutions
- Admission charges on theater, cinema homes, live performance halls, circuses, carnivals, museums, exhibit halls theme parks, and different comparable locations of tradition, leisure, and amusement
- For a bunch of individuals with a PWD, solely the proportionate share of PWD will probably be given a reduction
- For a banquet or catering providers (e.g., seminars), reductions might apply solely to prospects with incapacity
3. Well being and Medical Associated Privileges
20% low cost and VAT Exemption on
- Generic and branded medicines
- Meals for particular medical functions of the PWD
- Medical and assistive units comparable to canes, crutches, walkers, diapers, and wheelchairs. Additionally embody eyeglasses, listening to aids, dentures, prosthetics
- Skilled charges of attending medical doctors within the pay part of presidency and personal hospitals
- Price of medical, dental, and rehabilitation providers
- Diagnostic and laboratory providers, together with using particular reagents, dyes, distinction
- Psychological, behavioral, and improvement exams for each in-patient and out-patient PWD in authorities and personal hospitals and services
- Different providers that are medically vital for the prevention, prognosis, therapy, rehabilitation, or palliation of the PWD
- All authorities and personal hospitals, medical services, drugstores, and different institutions offering medical and health-related care and providers are required to designate specific lanes for PWDs
- The low cost and privileges and VAT exemption are non-transferable and completely for the advantage of the PWD
- Double reductions will not be allowed
- Buy Booklet is required and issued to PWD totally free
4. Primary Requirements and Prime Commodities
5 p.c (5%) low cost on the acquisition of the next fundamental and prime commodities
A. Primary Commodities
- Every kind of variants of rice
- Every kind of bread (pastries and truffles not included)
- Recent, dried, and canned fish, and different marine merchandise (together with frozen and in numerous modes of packaging)
- Recent pork, beef, and poultry meat
- Every kind of contemporary eggs (excluding quail eggs)
- Potable water in bottles and containers
- Recent and processed milk (excluding milk labeled as a meals complement)
- Recent greens, together with root crops
- Recent fruits
- Regionally manufactured prompt noodles
- Espresso and low creamer
- Every kind of sugar and (excluding synthetic sweetener)
- Every kind of cooking oil
- Powdered, liquid, bar laundry, and detergent cleaning soap
- Firewood, charcoal, every kind of candles
- Liquified petroleum fuel, no more than 11 kgs, LPG content material as soon as each 5 months purchased from LPG sellers
- Kerosene, no more than 2 liters monthly
B. Prime Commodities
- Dried, processed, and canned pork; beef, and poultry meat
- Dairy merchandise
- Onions and garlic
- Vinegar, patis, and soy sauce
- Bathroom/bathtub and cleaning soap
- Fertilizer, pesticides, and herbicides
- Poultry feeds, livestock feeds, and fishery feeds
- Veterinary merchandise
- Paper and different faculty provides
- Nipa shingles
- Cement, clinker, GI sheets
- Hole blocks
- Plywood, plyboard, and building nails
- Batteries (excluding cellular phone and automotive batteries)
- Electrical provides and light-weight bulbs
- Metal wires
- The 5% low cost might be availed of in supermarkets, grocery shops, comfort shops, and retailers however NOT within the stalls in meals courts, meals carts, meals distributors, private and non-private moist markets, “talipapa”, cooperative shops, and sari-sari shops with lower than 100 thousand pesos (PHP 100,000) capitalization.
- The whole buy worth shouldn’t exceed one thousand 300 pesos (PHP 1,300) per week with out carry-over of the unused quantity and no less than the quantity contains no less than 4 gadgets on the above checklist.
5. Academic Privileges
A. Full Scholarship or Half Scholarship in Faculties and Universities
That is for incoming PWD freshman college students supplied:
- Your Normal Weighted Common (GWA) should be no less than 90%
- You should enroll in acknowledged precedence packages in state universities or personal faculties or universities with Certificates of Program Compliance
The applying interval begins March 1 to Could 31 of each tutorial yr.
Chances are you’ll apply on-line or go to the Fee on Increased Training (CHED) Regional Workplace the place the college you graduated from is predicated.
B. Free Coaching and Evaluation on All Present TESDA Scholarship Packages
These scholarship packages embody the Coaching for Work Scholarship Program (TWSP), Particular Coaching for Employment Program, Non-public Training Scholar Monetary Help (PESFA), Common Entry to High quality Tertiary Training (UAQTEA), Tulong Trabaho Scholarship Program (TTSP). The next advantages are additionally included in your TESDA scholarship:
- Coaching assist fund
- New regular help (One-time COVID-19 associated bills price PHP 500.00)
- Workshop uniform allowance of PHP 500.00
- Accident insurance coverage protection for one yr
- Ebook and studying materials allowance
- Starter software kits
- Entrepreneurship coaching
Associated: 100+ TESDA On-line Programs You Can Research for Free
6. Obligatory Full PhilHealth Protection
All PWDs, no matter gender, age, or ethnicity, registered within the DOH Philippine Registry of Individuals with Incapacity are mechanically coated by PhilHealth.
- The registration means of PWD is computerized. PhilHealth, in coordination with DOH, Nationwide Council on Incapacity Affairs (NCDA), and LGUs shall use the Philippine Registry of Individuals with Incapacity (PRPWD) as a foundation for registration as a principal member of Philhealth.
- The LGUs liable for the registration of PWD and issuance of PWD IDs shall make a real-time updating of their information registry for its migration to PRPWD.
7. Equal Employment Alternative
8. Steady Enjoyment of GSIS, SSS, and Pag-IBIG Advantages and Privileges Upon Retirement of the PWD
To the extent practicable and possible, retired PWD members shall proceed having fun with the identical advantages and privileges given by the Authorities Service Insurance coverage System (GSIS), Social Safety System (SSS), and PAG-IBIG, as are loved by these in precise service.
9. Funeral and Burial Companies
20% low cost on
- Funeral and burial providers for the loss of life of the PWD
- Buy of casket or urn, embalming, hospital morgue, transport of the physique to supposed burial web site EXCEPT obituary publication and price of the memorial lot
10. Different Advantages and Privileges
- Provision of specific lanes in all industrial and authorities institutions; within the absence thereof, precedence shall be given to them
- Free postal expenses for marginalized PWDs on articles and literature like books, periodicals, orthopedic and different units and educating aids despatched by mail inside the Philippines and overseas, and aids and orthopedic units despatched overseas for restore
- Extra PHP 25,000 tax exemption could also be claimed by the benefactor of a PWD. A benefactor is any one that takes care of him/her as a dependent
PWD Advantages in Some Elements of the Philippines
Along with the advantages supplied by legislation, some cities present the next advantages. The checklist will not be unique. Please go to the Individuals with Incapacity Affairs Workplace ( PDAO) of the town or municipality the place you reside.
1. Makati Metropolis
- PWD ID
- Automotive tag
- Free film
- Mobility assist comparable to a wheelchair, crutches, walker, and quad cane, amongst others
2. Quezon Metropolis
- Group-based rehabilitation
- Academic help program
- Protecting providers and protecting custody for abused, uncared for, and deserted PWDs
- PHP 500.00 month-to-month allowance
- Job alternatives in fast-food chains and different institutions
4. Taguig Metropolis
- PHP 1,000 birthday money reward
- Scholarship below the precedence programs and expertise coaching of the town’s Lifeline Help for Neighbors In-Want scholarship program
5. Pasig Metropolis
PHP 1,500 annual Christmas reward
6. Caloocan Metropolis
- Provision for money and livelihood help
- Free assistive units comparable to wheelchairs, canes, crutches, and many others.
7. Cebu Metropolis
- PHP 12,000 yearly monetary help
- Packages for the promotion of incapacity prevention and rehabilitation of the PWD
How To Compute the 20% Low cost and VAT Exemption Granted to PWD
The 20% low cost and VAT exemption granted to certified PWDs shall be computed within the following method:
- Compute the entire quantity of gross sales with VAT
- Deduct the 12% VAT from the entire quantity
- Deduct the 20% gross sales low cost from the entire quantity
- The sum is the quantity that the PWD ought to pay
|Quantity of sale (with VAT)||PHP 1,120.00|
|Much less: 12% VAT||120.00|
|Whole Quantity||PHP 1,000.00|
|Much less: 20% Gross sales Low cost||200.00|
|Whole Quantity Due||PHP 800.00|
How To Get PWD ID
PWD ID or PWD Card is a helpful and useful card that it’s best to get in case you are a bonafide PWD. The cardboard offers you entry not solely to sure particular privileges but additionally serves as proof to avail of the quite a few reductions supplied below the legislation.
PWD ID Necessities
To get a PWD ID, listed here are what you should full:
- Two “1×1” latest ID footage with the names and signatures or thumb marks behind the image
- One (1) Legitimate ID
- Doc to substantiate the medical or incapacity situation. Chances are you’ll get the proof of incapacity within the type of any of the next:
- Medical Certificates from a licensed personal or authorities doctor for obvious and non-apparent incapacity
- College Evaluation from a licensed instructor duly signed by the college principal
- Certificates of Incapacity from the pinnacle of the enterprise institution or head of a non-governmental group
How To Apply for PWD ID: A Step-by-Step Information
Getting a PWD ID is fairly easy with the next 4 easy steps:
1. Full All Three Necessities
Collect and full all the necessities talked about above.
2. Acquire the PWD Registration or Software Type (PWD-RF)
You may get it from any of the next places:
- Workplace of the Mayor
- Workplace of the Barangay Captain
- Nationwide Council on Incapacity Affairs (NCDA) or its regional counterpart
- DSWD workplaces
- Taking part organizations with Memorandum Agreements with the DOH
- Division of Well being (DOH) on-line registration facility
3. Fill Out the PWD-RF
There are two methods you possibly can fill out the shape:
A. Handbook Methodology
- Fill out the printed type precisely and utterly
- Affix one (1) ID image on the completed type and staple the opposite. The latter will probably be used on the precise ID
- Connect a duplicate of the doc confirming your medical or incapacity situation
B. On-line Methodology
- Entry the DOH Philippine PWD Registry System (DOH-PPWDRS) and click on the On-line ID Software tab
- Enter utterly and precisely all of the required PWD registration information
- Print the completed type
- Affix one ID image on the completed type, and staple the opposite
- Connect a duplicate of the doc confirming your medical or incapacity situation
4. Submit the Achieved PWD-RF
Submit the utterly stuffed out type and the attachments to the Metropolis or Municipal Mayor or Barangay Captain by way of the PDAO positioned within the metropolis/municipality/barangay the place you’re positioned.
As soon as submitted, the Metropolis or Municipal Mayor or Barangay Captain by way of the PDAO will do the next:
- Verify and/or confirm the info and doc to substantiate the incapacity or medical situation of the applicant
- Assign a PWD quantity and affix it to the PWD-RF
- Fill out the info required on the ID card
- Problem the ID card to the PWD
- Submit the completed PWD-RF and connected necessities to the Metropolis or Municipal Social Welfare Growth Workplace for information encoding to the DOH-PPWDRS
Ideas and Warnings
1. PWD foreigners residing within the Philippines will not be entitled to PWD advantages.
Nevertheless, in case you are a Filipino who holds a overseas passport however is registered as a twin citizen or if in case you have reacquired your Filipino citizenship, you’re eligible for sure PWD advantages and privileges.
2. Double reductions shall not be allowed.
Chances are you’ll both avail the institution’s provided low cost or the 20% low cost + VAT exemption, whichever is greater or extra favorable to you.
3. If you’re a PWD and on the identical time a senior citizen, chances are you’ll solely use EITHER your senior citizen ID or your PWD ID to avail of the 20% low cost.
You possibly can’t use each.
4. PWD advantages and privileges are granted for the unique use and delight of PWDs.
5. Utilizing a pretend PWD ID or faking a incapacity to qualify for the advantages is prohibited and will lead to you paying hefty fines or touchdown in jail.
Incessantly Requested Questions
1. I’ve a psychological well being difficulty. Can I apply for PWD advantages?
Sure. Psychosocial incapacity is listed as one of many disabilities coated by the legislation. Some examples of any such incapacity embody nervousness dysfunction, obsessive-compulsive dysfunction, post-traumatic stress dysfunction, social phobia or temper dysfunction, melancholy, and bipolar.
When making use of for a PWD card, it’s best to submit a doc from a licensed personal or authorities physician to substantiate your medical situation.
2. How lengthy is the PWD ID legitimate?
The PWD ID is legitimate just for three (3) years.
3. How can I renew my expired PWD ID?
To resume an expired PWD card, you simply must submit the identical necessities and comply with the identical procedures in making use of for a PWD card. You additionally must give up your previous card.
4. How a lot does it price to get a PWD ID?
PWD ID card is freed from cost for first-time candidates. For renewal or alternative of misplaced playing cards, NDAO expenses a minimal quantity, often round PHP 100.
5. I misplaced my PWD ID card. How can I get a alternative?
For a misplaced PWD ID card, you should execute an Affidavit of Loss. Submit the affidavit along with all the necessities to the PDAO within the metropolis/municipality/barangay the place you’re positioned. The process is identical when making use of for a PWD ID card.
6. How can I confirm if a PWD ID is legitimate?
Chances are you’ll test on-line by way of the DOH’s PWD Registration System. The portal holds the database of all IDs issued to PWDs. Simply kind within the PWD ID quantity below the ID verification tab, and it’ll generate a end result confirming the existence or non-existence of the ID.
7. How do I report a pretend PWD ID?
Chances are you’ll report any incidents involving using pretend ID to the Nationwide Council on Incapacity Affairs (NCDA) via their hotline (632) 9516033 or electronic mail at [email protected], LGU by means of the PDAO, NBI, or to any legislation enforcement companies.
8. What shall I do if an institution refuses to honor my PWD ID card and provides me a 20% low cost and VAT exemption?
Chances are you’ll file a criticism with the Nationwide Council on Incapacity Affairs (NCDA) and/or to the respective LGU by means of the PDAO the place you buy the gadgets or the place you reside, whichever is handy to you.